FUNDEMENTALS
Block 1 (end of week 2):
Ape: improvement, heels still not fully flat on ground when stationary
Crab: pelvis is high, mid back dip due to decreased shoulder flexibility
Front support: bottom needs to go down
Back support: feet are just about flat on floor
Pike and straddle: can maintain correct position
Weaknesses:
-Lack core strength, especially in front
-Shoulder girdle weak and lacks flexibility enough to get into proper Crab position
-Ankle flexibility
-very tight hip flexors
Strengths:
-Hamstrings flexible enough to touch toes in pike position (a good start)
Note: I have been following the Fundementals course each day. I have engaged my massage therapist to moniter my progress at our weekly meeting and will post her notes here. As she is getting familiar with the proper form at this point, we only made it through the Block 1 movements this week, though I am beginning Block 3.