This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can't get chest to knees: MN/PE1

Started by Gabriel Stein, June 1, 2016 · 5 Replies · 250 Views

Gabriel Stein

Hello,

I can't get my chest to knees when doing MN/PE1. I have a herniated disk in my back. Any suggestions for how to proceed with this exercise? Should I do low raps and in bad form, or do something even easier to build up the mobility and strength?

Gabriel Stein

cool thanks Zach. So, should I be going super low reps? like 5 sets of 3 reps? Right now, I'm on 12 reps at 4 sets.

Gabriel Stein

ok...how do I do a form check?

Gabriel Stein

 

Thanks for taking a look Zach. 

 

Wayne Grima

You have to bring your torso up much more... like a sit-up, you are doing more of a crunch and bringing your knees up.

I don't know what advice to give, perhaps try doing regular sit-ups bringing your torso all the way up then combine bringing

your knees up as well so you are doing a vee-up.

Petri Widsten

What I found useful in MN 1-3 was to focus on bringing my hips up instead of my chest. This way you get your torso more upright with more compression. So I'd try initiating the movement from the hips and lower back.