Airflares have been the bane of my existence since I started training it. I've never had as much trouble with getting any other skill. I took up b-boying relatively recently, almost a year and a half ago, and ever since I've had my eyes on getting airflares. I started my journey by mastering flares and windmills and they were pretty straight forward since I have a decent background in gymnastics. But after 9 months of training airflares and I've made almost no progress while my other powermoves have gotten much better. I've been having problems with just about every aspect of the airflare from the timing to swinging my legs and I'm just not sure how to fix any of it. My hips always seem too low and my feet usually hit the ground before I even attempt the hop. Recently, I've started training hand-hops and one arm handstands in hopes of helping my airflares. I've also begun contemplating retraining the move from scratch following the guidance in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsKFA5Cdfc To my frustration, there aren't a lot of b-boys or gymnasts with the knowledge of airflares where I'm from so I'm pretty much on my own in learning this. I would love to hear any feedback, tips, tricks, or exercises y'all have to offer.
Video of my pathetic attempts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznyifbI7LU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4uf1HzQ-kQ