This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Back Relief after day 3

Started by John Isbell, May 31, 2016 · 4 Replies · 185 Views

John Isbell

Hey Guys,  

I'm 51 years old a lifetime surfer, 6' tall, probably 15 pounds overweight (195 - I'd like to be 185 minimum), novice hockey player and I've always been really flexible.  I too came from the Tim Ferris podcast.  In the past few years I've had bouts of lower back pain (pinched nerves/seized muscles etc...) and more recently I've experienced lots/moderate pain waking up in the morning until I could "warm" or "stretch" my lower back out.  I'm not sure if this is a direct cause of the program or not, but by day 3 of Fundamentals, I'm not having any back pain in the morning.  My upper torso feels much more limber and my shoulders are definitely freeing up.   

I'm motivated to see where this goes and humbled by how much I don't know and have to learn and fix.

 

 

Coach Sommer

Hi John,

That is awesome.  Congratulations.

Improved mobility and resolution of dysfunctions normally take longer than 72 hours to achieve, but sometimes lightning strikes.  :icon_cool:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas

Excellent :)

Now to ensure that it's a fix and not just a patch :D

John Isbell

So far so good.  Back is really the best it's felt in ages.  I was about to throw our mattress out.  Not sure if it's solely from GST (b/c I did start taking liquid Vitamn D around the same time and I've heard (not confirmed) that can alleviate some back pain as well), but the fundamentals have certainly opened up some tight areas that I didn't even realize were tight.   My hips are more open and my posture is feeling much more erect/stabilized, if that makes sense?

Mark Collins

This is only the beginning.