This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breathing and sPL/SE1>iM

Started by Niels Hofma, May 31, 2016 · 5 Replies · 92 Views

Niels Hofma

During this mobility exercise I don't have a problem getting into position and staying there but I can't stay there for very long because when I breathe I can't hold the position and I drop down to the floor. Do any of you have any tips for breathing while doing this exercise?

Thanks

Christian Nogueira

Try shallow breaths at first. I think it's just one of those things you have to get used to.

Mikkel Ravn

Just breathe through the gills.

Christian Nogueira

That one about talking loud just made my day. I just had to try it !

Christian Nogueira

Strangely enough it seems to help. However, I don't know why, my choice of words in that "active rest position" was always swear words for some reason...

Alessandro Mainente

Use your diaphragm . it is the best solution since it leads to less muscles engagement. If you are not used , you can spent sometime trying to lie supine on the floor, put a 3-4 kg on your belly and try to move it while breathing .