This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fixing your weak link

Started by Steffen Rasmussen, May 31, 2016 · 9 Replies · 291 Views

Steffen Rasmussen

Hi Guys.

My robe climbing is starting to fall behind and I don't see much progression. 

My robe climb is still on PE1 step 5 and all my other exercises is between PE2 and PE4.

What is your recommendations if I want to progress faster in my RC - can I train the muscles every day or should I do more sets on my RC days? And should I only focus on the exercise PE1 or can I combine it with other pull exercises like rows or pull ups?

All the best

Steffen

Marcus Patterson

I am a newbie too, but will ask you what I have seen asked elsewhere. Have you done a video yet to see your technique etc?

Steffen Rasmussen

My form looks like this, and you are welcome to give me feedback :-)

 

 

Leonhard Krahé

Hej Steffen,

make sure to always end with the angle between torso and upper arm as well as upper arm and forearm at 90° while in the top position. See @Zach Armijo's artwork for reference here:

Another thing that comes to mind might be bringing your feet together and really point toes and "stiffen" the whole lower body, I found that upon doing so, I immediately improved form and control through the rep.

Steffen Rasmussen

Thank you! :-)

Marcus Patterson

So bring the hips under the rings? I thought you begun with hands immediately under the rings??This is confusing as the wall through vid does not mention the 90 degree angle at all , nor does she perform it. 

Leonhard Krahé

Just look through some form check threads - it has been emphasized by various GB coaches.

Marcus Patterson

Wow, that is going to make it a lot harder than it already is!

 

Leonhard Krahé
3 hours ago, Marcus Patterson said:

Wow, that is going to make it a lot harder than it already is!

Actually, I found that once I really paid atention to the "legs together, lock them and point the toes" thing, my execution of the row became much more efficient and finally allowed me to make the jump from 5x9 to 4x12 and on.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Just putting this information out...  Even though our body may seem to be having a tough time to meet an expectation, it does not mean your body is not repairing itself and developing what it is needs to meet the expectation you are giving it. Sure RC/PE1 can be difficult with your feet on the floor. However it can be much harder if you place your feet on something higher.

Remember your human body has more physical strength than what is in just your arms. There is a group of muscles known as the "Posterior chain" and your body has a series of "Core" muscles. If you know how to use the posterior chain and core muscles, they can be utilized for greater amounts of strength.