what's up GST peeps! Just wanted to post a quick clip for progress report and form check. Still have light years to go, but pancake rollthough was IMPOSSIBLE for me to even get off the floor from the straddle out position three or four months ago. Excited to have made it this far, but feedback is always appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
pancake roll through form check...
Started by Ashe Higgs, May 30, 2016 · 2 Replies · 111 Views
Good form. Only thing I would add is focus on firing your glute medius more, when you're flat on your face pulling your legs apart. On your last rep you inched further back to the wall because you legs weren't as far apart as they were on the way down.
yeah, I'm still working on getting the glute med activation going so I can actively pull the legs apart. when I'm doing my middle split pulls on the wall, I feel like there's more oblique or maybe even QL and glute major activation happening during the pull phase, but I have been inching back a bit on the way back to sort of pry my legs apart a bit more and get deeper into the stretch.