This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 2: Rear Support Ankle Question

Started by Leonard Sitnick, May 30, 2016 · 5 Replies · 193 Views

Leonard Sitnick

Rear support seems to show both the demo video and "issues" videos with demonstrators having no problem with straight legs and feet flat on the floor. It seems I lack forward ankle flex in order to be able to do this. To get my feet flat on the floor, I'd need to be bending my knees almost 90 degrees. Anyone else having issues with this, and any tips about what I stress? Should I be aiming at first for straight body and heels primarily contacting the ground, or focusing on feet flat?

Jochen Friedrich

i was about to post pretty much the same question Leonard ;)

Andrew Hamerlinck

Same issue for me as well. Have either of you received an answer yet?

Leonard Sitnick

I haven't, sadly. One thing I'm finding is that part of the answer was posted in the "issues" video for that day. Rolling the shoulders back is an important part of getting closer to the flat feet but I'm still not all the way there yet.

Ken Rogan

I have the same issue, I go for straight body, worry about the flat feet later. 

Getting a coach answer seems to be a bit of a lottery (I'm just finished block 3). 

Coach Sommer

Don't be overly concerned with achieving flat feet for the time being.  

Focus on straight body, straight arms, shoulders externally rotated and scapula retracted.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer