This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL IM2 to IM5- Substitute for Pummel Horse

Started by Srini Duggirala, May 29, 2016 · 5 Replies · 165 Views

Srini Duggirala

Equipment question: What is a good substitute for pummel horse for Straddle Planche IM2 to IM5? Can I use a weight bench or is it too low? My gym does not have anything higher than the bench press bench. I could use a sofa table at home but I will have to do this element on its own at home separately which I do not like to do. 

What are other people doing?

Ryan Bailey

I have used:

1) plyo-box,

2) physio ball

3) stacked hay bales in my barn. 

I like the 3rd option best ;)

Jon Douglas

Plyo box table, sofa armrests....

Srini Duggirala

Thanks guys. Plyo-box seems like a viable option for me...we have them at our gym.

Wayne Grima

Chest of draws in the spare bedroom is what I use.

Srini Duggirala

I tested at the gym today and the Plyo-box(like the stool kind) is a perfect substitute. Thank you all, guys!