First of all: What an amazing exercise. ![]()
I have a question related to how to best train and improve in order to master it fully, with the right technique. See the image and the highlighted area attached. If I force my heel here to be pushed down into the ground, it's very hard for me to get down even remotely close to the levels of the video. Says a lot about my hip mobility I guess. On the other hand, if I allow my heel to lift a bit from the ground, so that the heel in the highlighted area of the image does not touch the ground, I can get down much deeper and I feel a better stretch across the body, and I can start "crawling", even if it's quite poorly.
What would you say is the best route to go here?
- Route A: To "cheat" and let the heel lift from the ground in order to get down and stretch out more and start doing the crawling? And by just doing that, eventually the mobility will improve and the heel will start touching the floor?
- Route B: To be more "purist" and make sure that no matter how badly I fail to bring my body down, I ensure that the heel in the picture is always touching the ground? And by doing it this way, over time the mobility will improve and my body will start coming down closer to the floor, and eventually I'll be able to crawl?
Thankful for any help and pointers. In the "Common Issues" video I noticed that the person was crawling without having the heels firmly on the ground.
