I'm done. ![]()
At the beginning i found the steps very easy to apply. But at the middle of the course i had some problems. I failed, but i stood up again. One big issue for me is money. I simply had not enough sometimes to buy all the foods i need, for accurately following thrive. I was a real grain-addict also. Before thrive i ate pizza and pasta almost every second day. Now, aside from a few exceptions, i get my pizza only on sundays.
But sometimes, when i eat pizza or grain in other forms, i feel very poor after that, a little bit lethargic, full.. Little by little i learn to feel the effects of different food on my body. I think, this is an ability i was almost entirely unaware of. I only knew the feelings of hunger, appetite, satisfaction and the aches, if i eat too much. Whereas previous i had no breakfasts at all, since thrive i eat breakfast everyday and i like it. I did not eat much vegetables either. Now i do. Brokkoli over all!
As a vegetarian the sources of animal protein or protein in general are very restricted. But at least, there are eggs, greek yoghurt and cheese from raw milk. For the first time, i could overcome my strong antipathy to eggs because of my childhood, where i had a serious allergy to them. Additionally i take some BCAA. But i must admit, that i come so far to think about, that i may eat fish sometime in the future. I'm a strict ethical vegetarien since 8 year or so, and nothing could dissuade me from that. But in the course of thrive i sensed a little bit of dilution of these ethical principles in favor of health or performance. I am not so definitely sure anymore, as i was at the beginning of thrive, which of those two worlds (ethics and movement) is more important to me, or which of them will be more important to me in future.
Concerning my body.. At present i don't have a scale. From the pictures it's not a big difference and i think, my weight is more or less the same. But gradually the abs seem to reveal themself ever a little bit more.
However, the biggest success for me is my new resistence against infections. At the beginning of the course i created a topic concerning my liability to infections, because of my work in a pedagogical environment full of sick children etc. Every two weeks or so i fall ill. Since then i had no earnest infection AT ALL and i am so happy about this change, not to mention: less cravings and more regularity through food preparation.
At the end, i want to thank you Jeff to disentangle my confusion within this jungle of nutrition and your great help and activity in the forum. And even if i didn't post much in the forums the last weeks (but i read almost everything) and even if i could not follow thrive in its purest sense of yours, because of not eating meat, i hope you will still appreciate my effort and accept me for Thrive level 2!
Good work to all of my fellow thrivians, as always forgive me for my english, and good luck!