This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/PE1+IM Form check

Started by Tom Wood, May 27, 2016 · 2 Replies · 102 Views

Tom Wood

Please could you check my form out on the scapular shrugs? 

PE side view

PE front view

Also here's my swivel hips (my nemesis ha)

PE-IM

I'll be doing these for a long time so just posted this for reference. i feel tight in the TFL so I'm working trigger points in there  also read the sticky about theses but pushing the knees to the floor causes pain in my knees  if anyone can suggest anything to try that would be great  if not no problem I'm not in any rush and can just imagine how good I'll feel once my hips are open. its not about the destination, it's about the journey :):)

 

Ryan Reynolds

Shrugs look good Tom,  as you work on the ever elusive swivel hips the thing you can work on in the shrugs is to keep your shoulders from drifting forward (toward your ears) during the retraction.

I've been working on swivel hips for ever as well, if you've read the sticky there isn't much else I can offer you.  I wil share with you my current strategy: after my scap shrugs and before swivel hips I do an extra hip stretch.  I'm going to call it a 90 90 hip switch I'm not sure what the real name is.  You sit on the floor or on a (elevated mat to scale it down), with your legs in the 90 90 position and then as slow as possible and with out using your hands on the floor switch or changing foot position switch to the other side.  I've been doing a set of 10 switches then doing 10 swivel hips. 

Here's a pic of the 90 90 position if your not familiar.   I keep my heel closer too my knee and my hands off the floor.  I also let my top hip come up what ever is needed to complete the switch.  And then really fight to keep my hips down on the floor during the swivel hips.  By the end my hips are rotating like butter and I'm getting way closer to the floor with swivel hips.

 

SAM_1127.jpg

Tom Wood

Hadn't noticed the shoulders moving towards the ears, I'll work on that.

i tried the hip switch today before swivel hips and it helped a lot thanks. I'll add this into my daily warm up too.