This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE 2

Started by Guido Franchetti, May 27, 2016 · 11 Replies · 208 Views

Guido Franchetti

My first go at FL/PE2 and relative iM, thanks in advance for any feedback!

 

Cole Dano

iM looks good!

The rock on the other hand....

Two main things

- hold you body much tighter! We shouldn't see anything wiggling around here

- you are rocking up about 50% too high, think you are just rocking on the small of your back and not trying to get up on your butt. 

Guido Franchetti

Are the rocks any better? It feels to me that the position is quite tight now, but somehow still wrong... Should I open the hips more? Go lower with the roll?

 

Cole Dano

The only thing that is wrong is you are rocking up too high. 

Point your toes and stop the rock just before your toes hit the floor. 

Guido Franchetti

Damn, rocking lower makes it harder!!

Oh well, more gains I suppose...

Guido Franchetti

I have been stuck on this PE for longer that I care to remember - about a year it seems. I went up to 5x36 but recently regressed to 4x36, and it always feel like a struggle. Here is a video of the whole set

https://youtu.be/IllEA0diT7M

I have noticed that I move my head like penguin a lot. Besides that, any advice? I am starting getting a bit discouraged on this one...

Guido Franchetti

bump!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Guido,

How many times per week are you doing this exercise?

Guido Franchetti

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner,

For most of the time I have been doing it 1.5 x week (F1 split 3 times a week). Very recently I moved to F1 split twice a week to have more time for stretching, hence core once a week.

I feel I am progressing in the other core elements (SL,MN), but not in this one.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Guido,

I recommend doing your core work one time per week. A little bit of extra rest and recovery time might help you to make it past this bump in the road.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Jeffrey, I will try that. Is my form ok apart from the head moving?

Jeffrey Bittner

@Guido Franchetti It's come a long way. Overall it looks pretty good. Work on opening up your hips to about 45 degrees as you rock.

On your iM, remember to squeeze your gluts to help hit PPT.