I just need some clarification on what I'm reading on the forums. When working on PE1 to PE3 should we aim to keep shoulders protracted through out the full ROM and PPT. Are we basically striving for full hollow position or is this only needed to pass mastery in PE3? Apologies if I'm way off the mark I've got information overload ha. The forums are amazing and I'm spending way too much time on here ![]()
![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HBP/PE1 to PE3
Started by Tom Wood, May 27, 2016 · 3 Replies · 149 Views
You should be protracted at the top, as you lower down you'll lose protraction naturally but strive to keep that tension in your shoulder blades. Basically what we don't want is to sink into a fully retracted position. Keep PPT always.
There's no reason to get protracto-paranoid though. When in doubt just post a form check.
Thanks Christian, I'm just over thinking it. I've posted a form check for HBP/PE1 I'll do one for PE2 to get people's views. I've got to remember PPT. Might get it as a tattoo ha
Mirror helps with PPT as it'll let have some visual feedback. Think on what you are contracting when you do FL/PE1 through 6 and try to apply that to the pushup position.