This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 15 thoracic mobility

Started by Nikhil Das Nomula, May 27, 2016 · 5 Replies · 270 Views

Nikhil Das Nomula

For some reason I felt this was an easier one, however just wanted to make sure that the posture is right

 

image.jpeg

Grace Rockwell

Looks like there is still some tightness in the shoulders and possibly pecs, since your arms are a bit wide. Aim to get your palms closer to your hips to allow a deeper stretch in the shoulders. As you do this, also make sure you aren't arching in the low back but pushing the stretch into your upper back. You don't look too arched from what I can see, but it's hard to tell with the baggy shirt ;)

Alan Jones 207072

I feel as if I'm arching too much in the lower back even with my hands pushing up. What does this show and what can I do to work on it?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

You can scale the movement by putting something under your feet like some books. definitely there is some tight tissue in the quads (especially rectus femoris) and shoulders. the ability to show thoracic extension, no matter if with arms over head or along the hips is in function of the pec minor. it  too tight it tends to move the shoulders forward increasing the kiphotic posture, that is the opposite of the extension.

Alan Jones 207072

Question answered in other posts

Alan Jones 207072

Thanks, will try blocks/books under feet