This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1-im Revisited

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, May 26, 2016 · 5 Replies · 117 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I've mastered this before but am revisiting it after taking some time off. There's still a little stiffness at the end range of motion, but that'll subside as this is only the second consecutive week I've been back at training after no serious consecutive training since the end of March. I also intend to master this im with 7.5lbs, though it's not called for, before moving on, as I really want to nail down shoulder flexion as it's so vital for handstands and advanced GST work--it's also one of my most glaring achilles heels.

I think it looks decent. @Zach Armijo @Cole Dano @Alessandro Mainente, thoughts? Cheers.

Alessandro Mainente

23 second is what you need.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Meaning the form at 23 seconds?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I'll take that as a yes.

Eva Pelegrin

I think so. 23 is the stellar moment. I believe you're supposed to be still like a statue. Now, after the 23 perfect pose, you do some adjusting or wiggling of sorts. I think we all do that here and there. I've seen myself doing it before I hit "delete." Maybe the point is to stay still and show command of that position for the duration of seconds by not moving anything.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Woof, by not moving. Gonna hold my horses then and channel my humility by staying on this until it is mastered beyond a shadow of a doubt.