This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1+IM

Started by Tom Wood, May 26, 2016 · 5 Replies · 66 Views

Tom Wood

Can you check see if I'm on the right track with the first HS progression esp the IM

PE

IM

 

Petri Widsten

On the iM you'll know you're on the right track if your arm-to-torso angle keeps increasing. Eventually, for mastery, your arms and back should be at 180 degrees throughout the lean with arms at shoulder width. Form seems good.

Alessandro Mainente

As i stated in different form check, the mobility is about:

-begin with upper body vertical and with straight arms overhead

-leaning forward WHILE pulling back the bar into flexion, and NOT hold the bar in flexion and lean forward.

If you look carefully to the course video you can easily see what I'm meaning about.

Petri Widsten
44 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

As i stated in different form check, the mobility is about:

-begin with upper body vertical and with straight arms overhead

-leaning forward WHILE pulling back the bar into flexion, and NOT hold the bar in flexion and lean forward.

If you look carefully to the course video you can easily see what I'm meaning about.

I've done this for H1/PE3-im but for PE1-iM I've done it as Tom. You learn something new every day!

Tom Wood

Damn I'm so confused :wacko:. From the course video it looks like Allan is holding the bar straight overhead then leaning forward to improve flexion as you mention.  It also looks like his shoulders retract a bit (could be the angle) in this motion. But I've read shoulders should be elevated and protracted. This is how I was originally doing the move. 

https://youtu.be/71lb8uW3wS0

but then i saw a few posts on here with a different style similar to the one I used in the first video  

Should I continue with my second version? How far forward should the body go to be classed as mastery. I've got a long way to go to match Allan . Can you do the IM daily without the PE to help improve this or would this be overkill? 

Apologies for all the questions and post but I've only just realised the benefit of the forums and GST community.  Hopefully in a few years I might be able to help others out :):):)

 

Cole Dano

Keep in mind that this is still a very early iM, there are no set numbers for mastery on this, rather it's a beginning step in strengthening your traps and improving shoulder flexion.

For our purposes keeping protracted is the way to go as it builds the proper habits needed for a good HS.