This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Losing bodyfat

Started by Riccardo Zanello, May 26, 2016 · 11 Replies · 362 Views

Riccardo Zanello

Hello,

I am currently following the program.

I am overweight 200lbs at 28%bf.

I would like to get to 10% bodyfat. 

I have limited time for training. Do you suggest I first dedicate it to cardio and later go into GST or would Thrive+GST suffice to achieve my results?

Thank you

Riccardo

Jeff Serven

The gospel from brother Zach

Jeff Serven

Oh and you are a suspect for mentioning cardio. 

Suspect 010

Mats Trane

Follow the program and you'll loose body fat.

Riccardo Zanello

Thanks to all!

Julia Quigley
9 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

Oh and you are a suspect for mentioning cardio. 

Suspect 010

I think I might be in love with you!

I'd be very interested in a blog post or lesson in Thrive 2 about your thoughts on cardio.

Julien Le Nestour

Hum, let me hijack a bit this thread with a question related to cardio that I would love have Jeff's answer to :-)

Jeff, if you have time, here's my quick question: every day I need to cover either 1.4 km or 3.3 km to go pick-up my daughter at school at 5pm. At present, I'm basically running in an all-out effort to get there as fast as possible. I arrive panting and seeing stars most days, and need 5 mins to recover there. But then it wakes me up tremendously for the evening :-)

I was just wondering if you had any advice on this: is this ok? should I avoid going all-out every day with this? can I use this opportunity for a better strategy?

Since I have to walk/jog/sprint there in any case, I just want to get the most out of the distance :-)

Many thanks!

Julien

Riccardo Zanello

Let's re-word the entire topic:

What are the pro's and con's, and why, of cardio for fat loss and general fitness?

Which physical activity produces the best body recompostion (higher muscle tissue, healthy joints, lower body fat) in overweight people?

Jeff Serven

Julien, Sounds like you've got a good thing going. Stay with it.  I would say its more of a function of what you hope to get out of it that determines if its "good" or not. I think (within reason) the faster you do it the more bang for the buck you will get out of it. 

Riccardo, Pros and cons of "cardio" is a tough topic because it is only as important as it is to the sport you play. Long distance runner and short distance runners will have two completely different definitions and value on "cardio". As it pertains to body comp, its only as important is the steps before it that you are getting right. Example; If you have limited time, money and resources then cardio does not make my top three things you have to do. 

Julien Le Nestour
15 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

Julien, Sounds like you've got a good thing going. Stay with it.  I would say its more of a function of what you hope to get out of it that determines if its "good" or not. I think (within reason) the faster you do it the more bang for the buck you will get out of it. 

Hi Jeff, many thanks for taking the time to reply, that's very helpful :-)

Riccardo Zanello
16 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

Julien, Sounds like you've got a good thing going. Stay with it.  I would say its more of a function of what you hope to get out of it that determines if its "good" or not. I think (within reason) the faster you do it the more bang for the buck you will get out of it. 

Riccardo, Pros and cons of "cardio" is a tough topic because it is only as important as it is to the sport you play. Long distance runner and short distance runners will have two completely different definitions and value on "cardio". As it pertains to body comp, its only as important is the steps before it that you are getting right. Example; If you have limited time, money and resources then cardio does not make my top three things you have to do. 

The top three for body comp would be

-resistance training

-correct nutrition

-? Sleep ?

 

Thanks 

 

R

Jeff Serven

In a nutshell thats pretty spot on. Diet, lifestyle, training.