This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dashboard Error "Handstand: All exercises except press to handstand are required for free standing handstand!"

Started by Todd Smyth, May 26, 2016 · 4 Replies · 139 Views

Todd Smyth

I am starting on Foundation and read that a corequisite for it is the Handstand Series.  I purchased the Handstand series and I am attempting to add the basic WP/PE1 set to my dashboard but I get an error " Handstand: All exercises except press to handstand are required for free standing handstand! "  Am I doing something wrong?  

Leonhard Krahé

I think you need to add all the exercises from H1 to your workout.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

You're not supposed to pick and choose which elements of Foundation and which ones of Handstand you add to your workout. If you want to do that, which is highly recommended against, you'll have to do so manually -- as in using a notebook. Handstand One intentionally works four wrist stretches, then four wrist/forearm strengthening exercises AND then the handstand and mobility work. So, yes you are doing something wrong. Re-read the introduction articles, and also program in WP/PE1, FKP/PE1, WR/PE1, and FTP/PE1; and HS/PE1 in order to avoid the error message. Be sure you have a towel or a padded wall (the wrist strengthening exercises when done on the wall: PE1 and PE2, and SE1 and SE2, will do a number on your knuckles otherwise).

For Foundation, you need to setup all seven exercises for your week's workouts. The way you arrange that is up to you. 

Jon Douglas

All four wrist exercises and a HS/PE are performed each handstand session, so those five must be set to a level :)