I mastered FL/PE3 about a week ago. I plan on doing another 2 weeks of mastery before deloading & moving on to the next PE.
Does my form meet mastery standards? I really hope I'm on the correct track.
Any advice is much appreciated! ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ron Roitman, May 26, 2016 · 5 Replies · 163 Views
I mastered FL/PE3 about a week ago. I plan on doing another 2 weeks of mastery before deloading & moving on to the next PE.
Does my form meet mastery standards? I really hope I'm on the correct track.
Any advice is much appreciated! ![]()
It's a great effort.
You could shift your weight back towards your head just a tad, it looks like you may have your hips so flat that the lower ab and core part of this is being somewhat missed. Interestingly you do this at about the 57s mark of the 5th set.
@Cole Dano , Are you saying my feet are so low that I miss some PPT? ("...your hips so flat...")
So, should I lift the legs a bit or should I crunch less to let my weight shifts backwards?
I'll post a couple of sets later today...this week
Yes that's exactly what I mean, more PPT.
It's not so much about crunch less as use the other side of your abs more and try to pull the hips up. Though it may happen that you crunch a tiny bit less.
Well I did more PPT and it was much harder! Surprisingly I managed mastery and in 10 minutes.
I always thought of Rectus Abdominis as a whole muscle - I didn't view it as higher & lower abs until now. I always knew when doing PPT the ' lower' core is activated, but I never was aware of the feeling or didn't pay much attention to it.
However, on my last FL session, I definitely felt the "lower" abs activated & working hard! Improving my body awareness is really cool and important. Thank you so much @Cole Dano
Next week I'm deloading and after that there's a good chance I'll repeat another cycle of 3 weeks of mastery in order to be better prepared for the rocks.
Here are a couple of fixed attempts. Does my form meet mastery standards now?
That's the stuff!
Now that you have the right idea on how to do this element it's just a matter of making it steady.
You might try keeping your hands between your legs rather than at the sides. I think it's more natural anyway, but it's more a matter of taste.