I realise I'm jumping ahead of myself a bit here but I'm curious. I hear it's alright to have a go at straddle planche when you can only do a coulple of seconds holding it. Does that mean you'll actually do 30sets of 2 secs for straddle planche? Or do you abbreviate it when doing excercises that hard? I mean that could take a nearly an hour with rest times just to do planche work wouldn't it?
Straddle planche hold times
Started by Longshanks, November 17, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,250 Views
Your shoulders most likely wouldn't be able to handle that work capacity. 60s of really really intense work is not the same as 60s of medium intensity work. I would do maybe 5 sets of straddle's or stick with the adv tuck for longer time. Probably the last one unless you can hold the straddle for 3-5s.
Cheers Razz, I thought that might be the way of it but haven't been able to find a post describing this anywhere. So I imagine 10-20secs of high intensity work is more than enough each workout then?
Sometimes there is a need to increase work capacity through volume manipulation before further strength gains
can be made. (intensity)
At one time I was perfoming 10-12 sets of 12 sec straddle planche before I was able to steady a 5 sec full planche and
not only perform it once in a while - as before.
This is very individual, but striving for a 10 sec straddle holds is a good mark if you want to advance even further.
Ido.