This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Schedules

Started by Wayne Smith, May 26, 2016 · 1 Replies · 120 Views

Wayne Smith

Hi,

 

I'm enrolled in foundation, and am currently doing fundamentals. Haven't started foundation yet. I've now seen the programming dashboard for a few days, and have a concern:

Will I be able to set a schedule that suits my lifestyle?

I work 12 hr shifts, on a 4 on 4 off roster, so my week is based on an 8 day cycle, rather than a 7 day one. I do 2 nights, a swing day and then 2 days.

my ideal schedule, starting from my 1st rostered off day would be:

1 Heavy/hard day,

2 medium day,

3 heavy/hard day,

4 light/easier day, (I start on Nights)

5 rest day, (sleep recovery between night shifts)

6 light/easier day, (worked a night shift, slept and making it through rest of day)

7 rest, (up at 5am off to work and home at 9:30 pm)

8 rest, (same as yesterday)

repeat.

I'm able to mange it at the moment with the fundamentals workload being relatively low, but even so, tomorrow is a mandated rest day for me, when ideally I would like to do a light/medium workout tomorrow and have a rest day on the following day.  Can I do this once I start foundations? I really want to make this a way of life that fits in with my lifestyle.  I can be flexible, as long as the system can meet me somewhere in the middle.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

You can use the advanced view to set the workout schedule that works best for you and your time constraints. However the scheduler uses a seven day week.

In regards to workout intensity.... When compared to a previous week's workload, there will be weeks that: A) have more sets and or repetitions to give your body a more intense workout, or B) have reduction in the number of repetitions so that have a less intense workout for additional healing.

After your gymnasticbodies workout, on days you have the extra energy you can do additional exercise at your preferred intensity level. Keep in mind, that your gymnasticbodies workout is designed to develop your overall stamina, tendon strength, and slowly build dense muscle. (Dense muscle would be more strands of, individual, muscle fibers in a smaller space. Instead of what is commonly seen in the majority of "Weight lifting gyms.")