I know the headstand progressions are important, however I am quite a bit overweight and have found them very uncomfortable. I am worried about injuring my neck because of this. I have been working on PEim1 and I wondered if it would be ok for now to just work through im's 1-3 and then maybe work on the headstand progressions alongside PEs 4-6, like simultaneously training PE1 and PE4, then PE2 with PE5, etc. I thought maybe that would be ok since we don't do any actual wall handstand work until PE7, but please someone let me know if this plan is not ok.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Headstand problems
Started by Erin Roepke, May 26, 2016 · 1 Replies · 147 Views
Hey Erin. Generally skipping ahead is strongly recommended against, however I think the idea of working the mobility and easing off the PE is a good idea in your situation.
A couple of possible solutions come to mind. 1 would be to simply try and modify the tripod so you don't actually bring the legs onto your elbows. Perhaps you hold a sort of pikeed tripod with feet on the floor and gradually put more weight onto your hands and head.
Another option could be to do some form of light cardiovascular activity with the mobility as active rest. Jump rope would be awesome but perhaps the impact wouldn't be best for you? Could be something as simple as air squats or a sprint in a bike/ rower if at a gym. This would help build up your activity level while losing weight and then as you feel more confident can move to the full progression.
These are just the first things that came to mind and I'm not sure they are the best options. I hope they help a little ![]()
Max