This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Time gap between breakfast and lunch

Started by Cameron Williams, May 25, 2016 · 9 Replies · 243 Views

Cameron Williams

I'm wondering about how to time my lunch... I've been eating very calorie-rich breakfasts lately, and I eat around 8:45am our so. Right now it's just about 1pm and I'm just starting to feel a little bit hungry. Should I go as long as I comfortably can before eating lunch? Or is there a good amount of time to space things out? Or does it not matter?

Thanks,

Cam

Leonhard Krahé

Maybe space it out evenly between breakfast and dinner so you don't have a huge gap there?

Piotr Ochocki

IIRC there was a question from Julia recently (can't find it in quick now) about dealing with hunger before lunch, where Jeff's answer was to try some fatty snack in between (like cream with coffee), maybe an option to try as well while you keep your lunch at 1pm?

PS, scrap that, found it, Julia was talking about getting hungry straight after lunch.

Julia Quigley

Cameron, I can't remember how far you are in the series, but there's a lesson that includes timing, and I'd say your 1PM lunch sounds about right for an 8:45AM breakfast.

Cameron Williams

I've completed the series ... My question was more about, should I be stretching the gap as far as I comfortably can? Or should I just eat when I start to get a little hungry.

I can do either without much trouble... Was just wondering if one way or the other is more optimal.

Jeff Serven

I think were your at with 8:45 and 13:00 is good. That is about the size of a gap you want so it works out perfectly.

Its okay to go longer if you are not hungry but if you are I would not wait 5 hours to eat, thats too long.

Yes you can have a snack in-between to hold you over. Something like a tablespoon of heavy cream in your coffee is great. Don't go making it a meal.   

Cameron Williams

Cool thanks!

Ryan Bailey
2 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

Something like a tablespoon of heavy cream in your coffee is great

I really like this recommendation. Seems like it keeps the fat burning theme running until lunch as long as it is not too much. The other day I tried something similar, but the coffee shop only had half and half so I asked them about butter. I was suppriaed they had grass-fed, Karigold as their free butter, so I used that instead. Hopefully this is all good and not no bueno. Good topic Cam.

Jeff Serven

Higher level of MCT than cream, less casein for those sensitive to it. Good choice from a perspective of keeping the fat train rolling. 

But a fat "0" on style points. 

Ryan Bailey
2 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

But a fat "0" on style points.

Haha, "fat" 0 (pardon your pun)... ah man. That was a funny read after my afternoon Foundation workout, and right before stretch series session.  Didn't know we were being graded on style points in Thrive 1, Jeff.

I like it;  Game on now!