This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Anyone done real life gymnastics classes?

Started by David Rowell, May 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 146 Views

David Rowell

So my local gym that I go to does adult gymnastics classes. I was intrigued by them but had been too scared to try, after listening to Tim's podcast and signing up for this I was motivated to go along to one last night. I had a blast, I'm in not too bad shape having been working with a trainer for the last six months but I'm 35 and definitely not naturally athletic.

The class consisted of a long stretch and warm up session, about 20 mins I think. The course helped here as were were doing stiff bear, crab, frog etc. So I could just about keep up. Then they were doing tumbling work so I was pretty much a spectator, but I did do my first forward roll in probably 25 years. I did some handstand practice too with the help of the coach there. I was buzzing by the end of it. Planning to keep going, but I'm glad to have this course to work along with to give me some structure and a plan to work to.

Anyone else tried this?

Nolan Phillips

Sounds fun! I haven't done any gymnastics, but I have a couple connections with the local gym.
I haven't quite decided whether I'll attend some classes or pickup the Foundations One series after completing Fundamentals.

David Rowell
18 minutes ago, Nolan Phillips said:

Sounds fun! I haven't done any gymnastics, but I have a couple connections with the local gym.
I haven't quite decided whether I'll attend some classes or pickup the Foundations One series after completing Fundamentals.

I think I will do the Fundamentals One next and also go to a couple of the gym classes a week, it is included in the membership I already have so it doesn't cost me any anything extra. The class seems pretty unstructured and after it finishes the coaches hang around so I should be able to practice the stuff I learned here and get some additional pointers.