This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Mobility

Started by Micah Waters, May 24, 2016 · 2 Replies · 219 Views

Micah Waters

I have very limited mobility in my left wrist (due to arthritis) so much so that I can not do a push up with a standard arm/wrist position. Instead I make a fist so I can put my arm in a position that allows me to do push ups. I am wondering what you would recommend, doing only wrist mobility exercises until I have a full range of motion (which I understand could take quite a long time), or do the exercises by making fists with both hands which would allow me to perform the exercises but not make use of my wrist as part of which ever exercise I am practicing.

If your recommendation is to do only wrist mobility exercise, are there other exercises besides the ones shown on day 3 of the fundamentals that would be beneficial to help work through the limited mobility? Thanks.

Ghazi Jeiroudi

Hi Micah, I'm not in any way, shape or form able to give you proper advice on this but seeing as I asked a similar question and searched throughout the forum, you might want to look at what I found out when it comes to wrist rehab and altering the GymBod moves.

Micah Waters

Much appreciated Ghazi! Great info