This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When do you do your exercises?

Started by Nolan Phillips, May 23, 2016 · 12 Replies · 445 Views

Nolan Phillips

I'm interested in seeing how consistently people are doing these exercises, and how many times per day.

Richard Ferron

I voted 30+ minutes but it's more than the prescribed exercices.  I'm adding mobility, rowing and other work depending on the day.  Might be around 15 minutes gymnastic specific.

Jonathan Sugar

I warm up on an airdyne - 3 X week go through the exercises after 4 - 5 minute warmup, then, go on to HIIT of 2 min ez on airdyne and 20 sec all out X 4. by the end, I'm spent!

Wayne Smith

I do the video as Rx, and usually choose a previous video to follow along with and then a movement that I want to grease the groove with, am enjoying, or I feel needs more work on that day.

I work rotating shift patterns so I exercise at different times of the day, depending on my work schedule.  I've even done some stretches in the locker room at work at 3am.

Ian Foo

I try to be consistent but that is my difficulty at the moment. Mostly perform them at night along with my stretches. Typical routine would be to stretch, do routine and then perform some of the previous materials that I find helpful personally like the wrist mobility (prior injury limiting my right wrist vs my left) and body positions. The actual routine will only take about 5-10 minutes.

Daniel Massey

I like to do them in the morning but there is an issue with the Unlocking and lately they are not available first thing in the morning. Seems like they changed something but still not working for me. It is a little bit frustrating.

Abigail Elowsky

I start with 15-20 min of cardio of some nature; then do the previous block review and each of the current blocks. By the end of the week I'm practicing the first session at least 5 times. On a day or two a week, I'm able to get a practice in during the afternoon. These are strictly the review and the current days session.

Iain Dwyer

I do them first thing in the morning, often with a second less structured session in the evening. 

Ana Cascais

I try to do a rotine, where i do all the exercises sometimes static, sometimes moving, mostly in the mornings at home, and i spend 30' total each day. Just do the exercises once a day. For the moment stopped doing anything else except for a HIIT session once or twice a week. Takin it easy :) but consistent. 

 

Cuneyt Uysal

I would avoid all stretching and mobility work first thing in the morning, until you're warmed up and circulation is going. Most sedentary folk especially. For that reason I've learned from experience that anytime after noon is the safest for me. Hence the prior comment about "greasing the groove" 

Kelly McBride

I'm doing the designated day's exercises first - following along with both the initial video and then corrective video.  I may do that 1 - 4 times depending on how I'm feeling and whether I think I'm understanding the movement fully.  I then doing the previous days videos 1 - 3 times depending on energy levels, tendon soreness, eg. until the review day from the previous week.  So some days it is 30 - 45 minutes, some days it is 15 minutes.  As we move further through the program, the longer it takes to complete all the progressions (to cover all the days).  M - F - I do the exercises immediately after I arrive home.  Sat and Sun I do them when I first wake up.  Outside of that, I may do some other stretching, handstands or other body weight work if I feel inspired.  I try to pay attention to my body - level of energy, stress level, tendon soreness driving how many extra rounds or length of time I complete.    

Lee Thomson

I find morning training more convenient to fit in but the down-side is having to deal with morning stiffness and more limited ROM.

I'm probably going to move to an evening routine for a while and compare the two.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Lee, from the literature seems that the best hormonal condition to train it is in the late afternoon around 6 o'clock.