So I finished and I think its been great.
What I have seen, I am pretty sure I have dropped body fat (but not weight but I wasn't hoping to or expecting to) but I'm not sure the photos show it. I can see it though when I look in the mirror, especially when I catch a glimpse of myself as I walk passed a mirror...its a bit of a shock really. my performance is up, I have been able to more consistently work through progressions and add more of the 'play time' like tumbling with the kids on the trampoline.
The biggest danger for me is feeling good and energetic is I start to add more activities. For a desk jockey I am active and want to be more so. matching the intake to the activity can be a challenge and I want to avoid the crash when i do overdo it, especially on things that I need to do (example, moving 50l beer kegs around like I have done the last couple of weekends...amazing how much of a workout moving 20+ full kegs is).
weekends are hard to get the right starch at lunch but I am adding it in and taking away the sub-optimal. The usual weekend fare at my house is bread with salad and a variety of spreads as a family. quick and easy. I've had to add to this standard meal to reduce the bread intake. its more salad, more protein and more other starch...not always easy. But my wife is doing more nutrition courses and our direction is the same so it is getting easier as we move the kids in that direction too.
Sunday's off is great but I don't tend to use it as much. Although yesterday was a clear case of having overdone the activity and not matching the food as it was an all out buffet all afternoon especially on carbs...the upside was those carbs tend to be home made muesli (toasted rolled oats, oat bran, toasted nuts and seeds, no sugar, no honey) with greek yoghurt. And Milk...
I'm sticking with it, and continuing to tweak as I go to get things right for me. the right volumes at the right times.
Thanks for this. I was doubtful at the start but the step by step aspect works well and the results speak for themselves.