Do I still move to day 2 even if I haven't mastered day 1 of fundamentals?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Pedro Monge, May 22, 2016 · 7 Replies · 393 Views
Do I still move to day 2 even if I haven't mastered day 1 of fundamentals?
Pedro I am struggling with the same question! My initial understanding was that you needed to master day 1 before moving on to day 2, but after reading through the forums I am beginning think that you move on to the next day every 24 hours.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
I'm not an expert here, at least when it comes to this training program, but my understanding after viewing the videos is that yes, you move on to the next days's workout regardless. In one of the videos, it was mentioned that it could take months and months to 'master' one of the fundamental positions. I think this is why there are no 'mastery' tests for the fundamentals as well as no specified set/rep scheme. Several times I've read language that talks about 'exploring' the movements, which to me implies that 1.) these fundamental movements are a way to see where you are tight or weak so you know what to work on going forward. and 2.) they aren't like a checklist of things that once you accomplish you never go back to; you keep trying them and working on them even as you add in more layers.
That's my understanding/interpretation at least.
Thanks Christa! That does make alot of sense. The more i read through the forum the more i realise that at this stage (the fundamentals) there is no real right or wrong way to progress. It is very much about helping to identify your mobility deficits so you are more aware of where you're at and what you will need to focus on moving forward through the program.
I have only completed day 1 so I am hoping that everything begins to fall into place as the days move on.
Thanks again for your input!
From my understanding just keep moving on and noting where you mobility is lacking. This will help when we move into Foundation.
Progress to each day's new lesson. I recommend taking a little time to review the previous day's lesson before beginning. The intro article explains in much further detail: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/fundamentals-introduction/
This was my question and concern as well as I'm now on Day 3...Do we continue to work on the previous days, or do we just follow along learning and creating greater awareness of our deficits as we go? I'm taking time each day to work on all that I'm learning. Thank you Everett for clearing this up!
Thanks again for reviving this one Wade.
Just take note of lessons that may give you extra trouble and touch up on them at the beginning or end of your present days lesson. These lessons are meant to help you get started with GST and prepare you for the later courses. The purpose is not to have you attempt to perfect the movements but rather to take note of your deficiencies and create awareness for later training. Take a look at the intro article as well: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/fundamentals-introduction/