This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE 2 Help

Started by Jeremy Aldridge, May 21, 2016 · 3 Replies · 104 Views

Jeremy Aldridge

Hey everyone,

So I am doing MN/PE2 and I am just completely lacking the compression needed to get the legs up high enough to complete the rep, so my question is this: Is it better to advance as I can strength wise or is it better to stick to lower reps and just work on the squeeze at the top? I am doing the stretch series and I have seen vast improvements but just not where I need to be yet to get full compression. So I was just curious what has helped others on here. Thanks!

James Hill

I have a similar problem and looking back through old posts the advice seems to be "just stick with it": Low reps but with max effort and additional stretch work. I am doing the stretch series too but it is a slow process. I know this is one of my many weaknesses and also that there is little point progressing without resolving it (similar to my swivel hips...*sigh*) but it is frustrating. I am trying to channel that frustration into increase effort on the stretch series.

 

I have heard that H2 has some good pike mobility work but I do not have that.

 

this thread has a long discussion on the topic:

On 29 April 2015 at 2:03 PM, Zach Armijo said:

Stretch course for sure and work supplement straddle Jefferson curls as well. Give it some time. Feel free to work towards HLL AFTER you have attempted your Straddle Up work.

 

Petri Widsten

My preference would be lots of short sets with max rom and a brief hold at the top to start with before making it into an endurance exercise. 

Jeremy Aldridge

Thanks for the reply Petri, I actually found a rather lengthy post about this very topic under the Foundation One FAQ tab.