Alright guys, so the last thread was a flop since Yan Mingyong was only in the gym for a week, but he is back again! And this time he brought a friend. He should be here for 1 month training in Shanghai before he heads to Japan for the Toyota cup and then back in Shanghai for another month or so.
His friend is this kid named Wang Hu, or something like that. Apparently this kid is ranked #2 all around in the world for college gymnasts! He has to be amazing because the kid is from Guangzhou which has the #1 men's team in China.
Anyhow, he came to the gym and came by and was like "hey, I'm back!" We made some small talk and it turns out that his shoulder has been messed up since world cup. He got a cortisone shot just last week and is just starting to train again. Anyways, he did his usual 2 hour warm-up, stretch, shoulder rehab workout, stretch, and then we talked for a little bit more. He told me that he was going to start events and stuff next week!
This time, I have to get some good footage because there is no way he can dick around for an entire month. On top of that, he has to prepare for a meet. I am disappointed though because I don't think I will get to see his high-bar, pommels, or p-bars routines. There is no team competition at the Toyota cup so he is only going to compete rings.
Oh, at the end of practice, he brought his dog into the gym. The dog got scared from all the people and pissed in the gym.
That's it for today, but hopefully, there will be lots more to come!
Peace!