This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

supplemental training?

Started by Michael Miley, May 21, 2016 · 5 Replies · 235 Views

Michael Miley

i'm a touring musician; always in new city everyday pretty much.  i run and do a lot of weight lifting; also crossfit when i can fit in classes.  and i love kettlebells and jump rope.  are these exercises in this beginning phase to be supplemental to what i'm already doing?  or am i starting from scratch into a whole new world?  i'm committed.  i'm committing at least 5 years and going from there.  also i'm 5'11", 190lbs, i could use to lose a few; when do we talk diet?

~  thanks!

Mark Collins

Ideally I would recommend Fundamentals be combine with lots of general movement, walking 5-15km a day and some cardio. If you enjoy Crossfit and weightlifting keep doing this. Over time your priorities will change and you will most likely drop the weightlifting and Crossfit.

Jeremy Boyle

I had pretty much the same question.  Thanks, Mark.  

Michael Miley
On May 23, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Mark Collins said:

Ideally I would recommend Fundamentals be combine with lots of general movement, walking 5-15km a day and some cardio. If you enjoy Crossfit and weightlifting keep doing this. Over time your priorities will change and you will most likely drop the weightlifting and Crossfit.

Thanks Mark.  Sorry I'm still confused on another issue; maybe you can help.  

Will these movements in days1,2,3 and so on, be something that we work on daily, or are we to just do ONLY the movements prescribed on that particular day?  I'm basically not seeing the long term agenda here...  Meaning, I feel like I could use front and rear, crab, ape, and wrist all every single day haha 

Mark Collins

I use Fundamentals as warming up exercises and as a diagnosis of where my major issues are. I find the crab the hardest because of years of bench press. So I do it as a warm up every workout. I also will do the crab through the day.

Once these exercise become easy they do not take long to do before a workout. This includes doing them before Crossfit and weightlifting.

Michael Miley

Thank you sir.