This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mobility work between sets a requirement?

Started by Jean-Rene Losier, May 21, 2016 · 1 Replies · 104 Views

Jean-Rene Losier

I know my title might be misleading to think that I'm asking if I have to do the mobility work, but that's not what I'm asking. I've just finished listening to the Tim Ferriss podcast and I remember one point Coach mentioned that he had integrated the mobility work in between sets to FORCE people to do them. Because people were just not putting the effort onto mobility if it was left to after the strength training. 

I'm all for Mobility work, in fact, it's kinda my priority right now and I enjoy it. My issue is I lack stall bars where I train. But I've just messed around with an idea I discovered on the forums and modified so that I could do the prescribed stall bar mobility. The thing is, I wouldn't be able to do them right in between my work sets. So I'd have to do these once I get back home. 

So is there a specific reason other than forcing people to do their mobility work that these were implemented in between work sets of the progressions, or can one simply do these after their full work set if it's easier as far as availability of equipment?

Alessandro Mainente

Mobility could have different purposes:

1-restore the starting muscular tone/tension/length in order to maximize range of motion on every sets

2-make the PE easier

3-balance the corresponding antagonist muscle.

For at least point 2 and 3,  the integrated mobility in between sets it is a good way to use the pauses.