This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 10 - Arch

Started by Nikhil Das Nomula, May 21, 2016 · 4 Replies · 266 Views

Nikhil Das Nomula

While doing the arch thing, I noticed it was really hard to keep my knees together. Its almost like they dont touch. I dont have this problem while doing Hollow. Is anyone facing the same, and what would be some techniques to work through it? 

Patricia Albidrez

Yes, I had the same problem.

Coach Sommer

This is common and will improve.  The issue you are encountering is indicative of a stiff lower back and weak glutes/adductors (muscles on the inner thigh that pull your legs together).

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Abigail Elowsky

Is it common to be stronger in the arch and weaker in the hollow? I find that my arch is good, I can get both shoulders and straight legs (at knees) up to hold; however in arch, I need to keep my legs at 90 degrees. I seem to not have the strength for straight legs and correct lower back placement on the floor. Common issue?

Mark Collins

Most men hate the arch.