This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Pushup / PE 4 - Wrist Pain

Started by Joachim Hecht, May 20, 2016 · 5 Replies · 208 Views

Joachim Hecht

Hey guys, 

i reached PE 4 for my wrist pushups. Problem is that i can hardly do a single rep because my right side feels really unstable and hurts like hell. In PE 3 I felt a little uncomfortable, but i could do all of the reps. 

Should i start with the strength elements combined with some work of the lower PEs?

 

Thanks for the help

Joey

Coach Sommer

You need to stay on PE3 longer until your wrist stabilizes.  You may also consider increasing volume or adding some additional sets to bridge the gap.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Artur Krajewski

Coach responded so the topic could as well be closed :-) but I can just assure you that many of us had that exact problem. I found it helpful to start with only one set of PE4 after regular sets of PE3 and some rest, just to let body know that it should start adapting. It took me around 3 months of such preparation to finally switch to pain-free PE4.

Good luck.

Arpad Halasz

I have some discomfort on the 1st set then the wrists get warmer and it's fine for the remaining 4.

You can also add some difficulty to PE3 by increasing the distance between your hands and knees until your legs are almost straight and then your knees can be lifted off the ground in a full plank position.

Back when I was practicing hung gar kung fu (over 15 years ago) we used to do a lot of wrist pushups like PE4, for beginners they only had to hold the plank position on their wrists for time to get used to it. Same advice for fingertip pushups.

Joachim Hecht

The plank thing is a very nice idea! Thank you!

John Enyeart

I've gotten to where I can perform all the sets and reps at normal speed, and I feel pretty stable doing so, but there is still a good amount of pain... Should I wait until I can do these pain-free before moving on?