Hey all! First time, long time.
I need help with my double fronts, this is a video from my third session on the floor:
I3CjWaPMWuE
I actually stuck it the first time, haven't been able to since - any advice?
Thanks,
Gouldy
Started by Gouldy, November 16, 2009 · 1 Replies · 1,325 Views
Hey all! First time, long time.
I need help with my double fronts, this is a video from my third session on the floor:
I3CjWaPMWuE
I actually stuck it the first time, haven't been able to since - any advice?
Thanks,
Gouldy
Front this angle it's hard to tell, film from the side and you'll get more helpful advice but since I can't see specific angles here's some general tips:
When I worked these I would do something similar to a vault hurdle. Both knees come up and both arms swing back and then as you punch everything extends as quickly as possible and making sure that the feet are in front and hips are under, shoulders are completely open. The hurdle you want to keep as much speed and power in the air, meaning long low and fast.
The idea and benefits behind the double knee hurdle is pretty obvious, but I see very few actually get their second leg up.