This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3 + im form check please

Started by James Hill, May 19, 2016 · 10 Replies · 176 Views

James Hill

Hi,

Please could you check my form on this element? I got a little out of synch with the video early on but this was an extra set after my 5 working sets to get the video.

Should my bum be lower? Should I be more upright?

Thank you,

James

 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Check your performance against the course videos, if you are not sure.

Eva Pelegrin

Hi james, You're on the right track. Yes, bum lower on your PE and slooow down. Make sure you fully straighten each leg at each end, even add a second pause. You want to demonstrate that you own all the ranges so travel slowly. Most important, I would start with a wider stance. Pelvis should stay below knee level, if you can, or gradually take it there. 
The >iM looks good! but you can stress the medial ankle more by lifting the outer edge of your feet, like course video. As always wait for a moderator for his final say. In the meantime, you have something to work on.;)

James Hill

Thanks guys, this was my first post, I appreciate the feedback.

 

Going to work on the wider stance and getting lower Eva (and going slower). I think the MS series will help with this but also going to go back and check my ROM on the Cossack squats. The note about the outer edge of my foot in the iM is not something I would have picked up on myself.

Eva Pelegrin

You're welcome and good thinking.
In the Cossack same cues: bum below knee, torso upright, knee and ankle aligned and at the bottom straighten the leg that bears less weight. 

Cole Dano

Nice job in posting your first video. 

You're ROM isn't where we'd like it to be on the PE. If you can post a form check for SLS/PE2 it will help us asses where the issue is coming from.

The iM is not bad, I'd want you to slow down so you can work a bit more ROM into it, it looks like if you keep working this you can even manage to get it all the way to the floor, which is pretty awesome.

James Hill

Thank you Cole, will post my form on SLS/PE2 tomorrow.

James Hill

Hi Cole and Eva,

If you have time could you take a look at my SLS/PE2?

Thank you, James

https://youtu.be/LNQgwtjmE2c

Ron Roitman

-You need more ROM in your side squats. Make sure your hamstrings of the working leg contact the calf. Also, you know you got good ROM when your calf of the non working leg is almost or actually touching the floor.

-You struggle to balance so you compensate by bringing the hands together. Don't do that - especially on the iM.  It's a bad habit, imo.

Hope I helped :)
P.s

Here's a video of Kira demonstrating amazing mobility

 

James Hill

Thank you Ron, I hadn't thought much about my hands at all. I clearly need more depth in my side-to-side squats, but not sure whether I should persist with this progression or move back to SLS/PE2 (Cossack squats) to try and achieve more depth there.

James

Eva Pelegrin

For depth gains, I would focus on SLS/PE2 first. You can add holds in the bottom position. Your PE2 ROM is better here, but you can obviously gain more. I believe Kira's video is beyond what's required for mastery.

The thing that caught my attention is that your legs are a little unsteady, so spending more time here will strengthen them. Btw, the >iM looks great.

Once you have the desired depth, it will be possible to transition from side to side in PE3 at the aquired new range, while strengthening the lateral movement. Keep up the good work. You're starting with better mobility than most!