This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Couple Questions

Started by Timothy Barber, May 19, 2016 · 3 Replies · 123 Views

Timothy Barber

Hi,

I've been doing F1 and HS1 for just over 2 years now. I have been taking it nice and slow with pretty good progress. I have a new goal to actually post on the forum rather than only read it. My current levels are:

FL/PE4

sPL/PE6

HBP/PE6

RC/PE6

SL/PE5

MN/PE5

SLS/SE1

HS/SE1

I am on my 13th straight week of the middle split stretch course. My two questions are:

1) If I have mastered sPL and HBP should I buy Foundation 2 to further progress those two elements or should I wait for the others to catch up and move all exercises to Foundation 2 at the same time? 

2) I want to buy another another stretch course but I can't decide between thoracic and front split. I'm leaning towards thoracic because I seem to be further from a bridge than a front split. Which one has a bigger bang for the buck?

Thanks,

TJ

Alessandro Mainente

I suggest you to buy foundation 2 of course.

For the stretch course, if you do not have major shoulders issue maybe the front split is better simply because on F2 there are a lot of movement where hips are use to flex, front split ensures a correct balance so that you do not risk to pike the hips in the future planche, front lever and hanstand elements.

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Timothy,

I read your post and just want to congratulate you on your new goal and 2-years accomplishments! 

I hope you find posting as liberating as much as enriching. I'm sure your new initiative will inspire others to post as well. You never know who you're going to help or how your participation can make a difference in someone's life. Cheers.

Timothy Barber

Thanks guys! I am going to buy F2 and Front Split today. I'm sure they will both be overwhelming :unsure: