This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wanting More--Can I Start Stretch?

Started by Andy Chance, May 19, 2016 · 5 Replies · 439 Views

Andy Chance

I just finished the first week of fundamentals and really liked it. I'm happy to go slow, but I would also like to do more, if I can. Can I start one of the stretch programs? If I could only do one (for now), which one should I start with?

Barry Johnston

I saw in another post coach recommends waiting until at least you are 2 weeks into Fundamentals before starting anything else if you are new to this.....  I didn't see this post until it was too late, I jumped in after about day 3 or 4 of Fundamentals and purchased the stretch series combo because I'm deadly serious about fixing my body (and I was too impatient to wait until the fundamentals was finished)

If you only want to purchase 1 of the stretch program then I suppose its really up to you.  Each program concentrates on a very different part of the body so I suppose it would be up to you which area you would want to concentrate on.

Each individual stretch program is only meant to be done once a week, they are pretty intense and it takes you body time to recover from them.

Hope that helps

Mark Collins
On 19 May 2016 at 11:55 PM, Andy Chance said:

I just finished the first week of fundamentals and really liked it. I'm happy to go slow, but I would also like to do more, if I can. Can I start one of the stretch programs? If I could only do one (for now), which one should I start with?

I love the strectch courses as they have done wonders for me. Get started as soon as possible.

Andy Chance

Thanks. I started the Thoracic Bridge series last week. Nice.

Justin Litchfield

I started the Middle Split Stretch series today, on day 8 of the fundamentals.  Really enjoyed it.  Wish I'd started it last week.

My mobility is pretty decent already though (I have been letting my wife drag me to pilates for awhile so the movements aren't *that* foreign).

It was challenging, and I can certainly see it being overwhelming for many to try to do the whole thing from the outset, but getting acquainted with the movements seems approachable.

Greg McDonald

Hi Andy,

I'm on Day 13 of Fundamentals and just finished my first week of Foundation 1.  Tightness in the whole chain of tissues down the back of my legs is a real problem for me (cf. my Day 1 post with photos of Crab and Ape), so I just got Front Splits Stretching and after one session, I can tell it will be just the thing.

Cheers!