This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

1 arm upright lat lean sub pull-up bar hang?

Started by Justin Kaplan, May 19, 2016 · 5 Replies · 168 Views

Justin Kaplan

Would hanging from a Pull-up bar accomplish the same thing?  I don't have Stall bars and have been substituting a door handle which doesn't seem as effective?

Adam Kirby

I use one of those telescoping pull-up bars, I just put it at waist height in the doorway.

Greg White

Get a piece of waste pipe, the stuff that takes the water away from your bath, sink etc. Cut to a suitable length for a handle. Loop some rope though it, tie the rope ends together, loop the rope around the door handle. Can use the same principle, just use longer pieces of rope, if you don't have rings to hang from a pull bar for the hinge rows etc.

Mike Kelly

I just use door handle

Kevin Herring

Use a chain link fence or a rope around a tree.

Just thinking I would try (door permitting) Get a short length of nylon strap, tie the ends together and close it up in the door about four feet off the ground.  I'd trust that more than a door knob.

Justin Kaplan

I am coming back to this topic as need to find alternative mobility to upright lat lean.  For whatever reason I just can't get this right and feel no benefit to it.  I am sure I am doing incorrectly and having the correct tools to use is probably the cause.  Having said that, I know many have thoughts on this but would prefer to fine alternative if there is one.

Thank you in advance!