This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 2 supine position question

Started by Mark Vaughan, May 18, 2016 · 4 Replies · 251 Views

Mark Vaughan

Just went through the day 2 exercises and was wondering about the lower back position in the supine position. Should the lower back be pressed against the floor or is it ok to have a slight arch in the lower back? 

Aaron THornton

Good question Mark, I was wondering the same.

Mark Vaughan

Hi Aaron,

Glad to know I'm not the only one :) , I've tried watching both videos and wasn't really clear. I also tried experimenting with it myself a bit and when I pressed my lower back to the floor I was able to get my shoulders/arms a bit closer to the floor as I've trouble getting them touching the floor as in the videos.

 

 

Sander Fadness

On day 4 the common problems video addresses this in a very good way.
the gap is fine but the recommended method is:

start with arms pointing in the air, slowly bring arms above head and press shoulders back.
then finally to close the gap under your back pull the bottom row of ribs into the ground.

this will utilize your abs and give you a good workout, also pressing the tows out, and knees down to get as flat as possible was recommended.

its quite the workout to hold all those muscles at once. take it easy - sander

Mark Vaughan

Thanks Sander!

Yes the day 4 common problems video cleared things up for me