This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Planche PE 1/IM/ Check

Started by Ariyo Khoobsirat, May 18, 2016 · 6 Replies · 117 Views

Ariyo Khoobsirat

Hey, 

i am a beginner and really thankful for the fantastic training program of coach summer!

I don't know when I can say, it's enough mobility for an exercise to move on. The strength part in this exercise is done but the mobility part...

i have made a pikture and hope for a check and commend.

The exercise is Straddle Planche PE 1/IM.

thanks for helping me and sorry for my bad english :)

image.pngimage.png

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

No. Your knees need to be much much lower. Try sitting on a yoga block, or a couch cushion, firm pillow, a couple of books, milk crate, etc.... and do the movement until your knees are touching the ground easily, or, at the very least, you can feel the ground via the hair on your legs (that might seem odd, but by that point you would have to be only a few centimeters away). The stretch for the swivel hips which Wesley shows in the second video on the course page for this exercise is also quite helpful in stretching the hips to where it will make this easier. Keep at it, you're not quite there yet.

Cameron Williams

To add to Daniel's comments, make sure that both glutes remain on the floor at all times. The tendency is for the glute to lift up so that the knee can touch the ground, so make sure to avoid this. Also, make sure to do this movement nice and slow so you really feel the stretch on each rep.

As Daniel said, keep going!

Alessandro Mainente

Daniel's suggestion is pretty intelligent and it is comething I done for a long time.

Ariyo Khoobsirat

Thanks a lot for your fast answers, they help me a lot!

so I will not go on and stay at this exercise, till the next check :)!

I like the idea with the yoga block, I will try it!

i think it will take a lot more time to be on the ground.

Should I keep doing the mastery of the strength exercise every week, till the mobility is good enough? 

Petri Widsten

Why not post a video of the PE to make sure your form is OK? It takes time to become good at evaluating form even with exercises you have mastered yourself (as judged by more people more advanced in GST). For self-evaluating beginners the chances of getting it wrong are very high.

Ariyo Khoobsirat

https://vid.me/O8eo

Sorry your right, here is the Link of my video where you can see more:)

thanks for the information!