This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Torso Rotation

Started by Ian Tuck, May 18, 2016 · 2 Replies · 269 Views

Ian Tuck

Hi there, just finished Day 8, and although it wasn't mentioned, I'm experiencing some serious tightness verging on pain in my scaps/lats when doing the wall rotation. It wasn't mentioned in the video, and I'm just wondering if that's to be expected. It wasn't acute, so I just pushed through it, but I imagine it speaks to some really poor flexibility in that area of my body. Yes?

 

Todd Fonseca

Hey Ian, I didn't experience that but I think as with some of the other comments in this regard if the discomfort goes away when you stop the activity then it is probably as you note.  For me, I felt it in my knees of all places and worked on keeping my core strong and keeping my hips more forward.  It is amazing to me what might appear at first to be simple moves have highlighted so many tightness issues.  Too many years at a keyboard...

 

Coach Sommer
On May 18, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Ian Tuck said:

Hi there, just finished Day 8, and although it wasn't mentioned, I'm experiencing some serious tightness verging on pain in my scaps/lats when doing the wall rotation. It wasn't mentioned in the video, and I'm just wondering if that's to be expected. It wasn't acute, so I just pushed through it, but I imagine it speaks to some really poor flexibility in that area of my body. Yes?

 

Hi Ian,

Twist to the point of being moderately uncomfortable, but there is no need to take it further.  At this time, it is sufficient that we have identified that there are thoracic rotation deficits which need to be addressed.  Anything more is simply icing on the cake.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer