Hi all
just a quick question.
When it says "full range of motion", what would that be classified as? I make it to my toes, but is full range far past the toes as shown in the video?
thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Marcus Patterson, May 18, 2016 · 14 Replies · 491 Views
Hi all
just a quick question.
When it says "full range of motion", what would that be classified as? I make it to my toes, but is full range far past the toes as shown in the video?
thanks
The video is there for a reason :-)
Usual standard is to bring wrists in line with the surface you're standing on, I believe.
Some are able to go much further though.
My namesake, Mikkel, is right about range of motion in this exercise. I'm working hard on mine at the moment...
Yours in soreness...
Thanks all, just good to know that I am not good enough to class myself as passed on that one. No cheating allowed !
It is worth the effort to keep working on Jefferson curls well beyond when they are in the course.
Later in the foundation series you will need all of the strength you develop from working up to and with your particular body weight. (IE: 200lb body weigh= 200lb jefferson curls).
1) These really are massively beneficial.
2) Minimum wrists in line with what you're standing on.
Thanks for confirming guys
PS: these ought to never go away - keep a few sets in your MN warmup forever, slowly working up to bodyweight.
As others recommend, keep them in your MN warmup. If nothing else, they feel really good. I've just gone from 20kg to 22.5kg.
On 19/05/2016 at 1:03 AM, Jon Douglas said:2) Minimum wrists in line with what you're standing on.
Oh crap! Back to the drawing board, I only have my knuckles to toes....so don't pass go, don't collect $200 until mobility is mastered.....back to the drawing board. <cry> So much mobility to fix. Bodybuilding has wrecked my mobility!
I guess getting the mobility that early on will make the hanging leg raises stricter, eventually leading to better L-sit.
Another question, do you add weight to increase mobility or increase mobility then add weight?
1 hour ago, Marcus Patterson said:Another question, do you add weight to increase mobility or increase mobility then add weight?
What I've noticed is that unless I keep adding weight the exercise feels like nothing (in a bad way). When I started with 20 kg it felt like a significant weight to handle but now that I'm at 40 kg the 20 kg feels like a wooden dowel. To answer your question I'd say both - you need to add weight to keep getting that training stimulus (for lack of a better term) for the spinal connective tissue and muscles and all the other muscles that are being stretched but it's a balancing act as if you go too heavy you will be unable to relax for the stretch at the bottom.
I don't think I've ever done these with less than 20kg, but neither have I ever had any back pain, injuries, etc and have been reasonably mobile my whole life. Not suggesting that everyone working on the motion with lighter weights should immediately up it! ![]()
Similar to dislocates though, getting the technique right does seem easier with just a touch extra weight to push against.
13 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:I don't think I've ever done these with less than 20kg, but neither have I ever had any back pain, injuries, etc and have been reasonably mobile my whole life. Not suggesting that everyone working on the motion with lighter weights should immediately up it!
Similar to dislocates though, getting the technique right does seem easier with just a touch extra weight to push against.
Same goes for stiff-legged windmill, IMO.