This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching programs

Started by Wayne Smith, May 18, 2016 · 4 Replies · 353 Views

Wayne Smith

Hi,

 

I have enrolled in this, and also the F1+ course as a bundle. I haven't even looked at the F1 material yet, as I Intend to follow along with the logical progression as outlined by Coach.

Reading the forums and the web material, I see a lot of people talking of the benefits of the stretching programs, and I would like to try this also, most likely starting with thoracic, but possibly getting all 3 as a bundle.

I'm assuming that I should forget about that and simply focus on the fundamentals for the time being, which I'm happy to do.

Will there come a time during the F1 when it will become obvious to me that I need to begin stretching?  Is it something I should look into  when I begin F1?  Should I look at starting the stretching program for a week or two between going from fundamentals to F1?

I guess my question is, at what point should I consider incorporating the stretching program, for maximum benefit, without succumbing to being distracted by new shiny objects?

Coach Sommer

If you are feeling comfortable with the material, the earliest I would add Stretch would be after the first week or two of Fundamentals.  If you are extremely tight, I would wait until Fundamentals is completed and you are beginning Foundation One.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Tobias Neuffer

Dear Coach Summer,

I really like the fundamentals course so far as well as the whole GB concept behind it and I would like to continue very much. Though I have to admit that I am a bit confused by the number of follow-up courses that are all supposed to be complementary. There is the foundation course (I understand that this one is obligatory, right?), handstand 1 and three different stretching courses. That would be 5 different courses to follow at the same time which seems a bit much. I like the simplicity of fundamentals that allows me to concentrate on one thing (not one of my strength). Doesn't the foundation course improve my flexibility also? What's the additional benefit of the stretching courses? How can I choose between the stretching courses? Please help me Coach Summer, you work up my consumer's anxiety! 

Wayne Smith
12 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

If you are feeling comfortable with the material, the earliest I would add Stretch would be after the first week or two of Fundamentals.  If you are extremely tight, I would wait until Fundamentals is completed and you are beginning Foundation One.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thank you for the reply Coach.  I think I will look to start stretching a couple of weeks into foundation 1.

Coach Sommer
6 hours ago, Tobias Neuffer said:

Dear Coach Summer,

I really like the fundamentals course so far as well as the whole GB concept behind it and I would like to continue very much. Though I have to admit that I am a bit confused by the number of follow-up courses that are all supposed to be complementary. There is the foundation course (I understand that this one is obligatory, right?), handstand 1 and three different stretching courses. That would be 5 different courses to follow at the same time which seems a bit much. I like the simplicity of fundamentals that allows me to concentrate on one thing (not one of my strength). Doesn't the foundation course improve my flexibility also? What's the additional benefit of the stretching courses? How can I choose between the stretching courses? Please help me Coach Summer, you work up my consumer's anxiety! 

Nothing for you to be anxious about, Tobias.

You decide which courses you would like to use after Fundamentals.  Want to focus on primarily correcting mobility deficits?  Then the stretch courses are your choice.  Want to focus on primarily build strength?  Then Foundation One is your choice.  Want to do both?  Then choose both.

Want to also include some skill training?  Easily included.

You decide how much or how little you would like to do.

And as far as you are concerned that is your last hard decision.  After that you simply choose which days a week you would like to train and whether you would like to train for either 30minutes or 60minutes.  After that the automatic scheduler generates your complete workouts for you with all of your chosen courses integrated seamlessly into that schedule for you.

Remember also, F1/Pro+ generates custom follow along videos for you; so your workouts literally become as easy as show up, follow the instructors thru your workout and then log your workout.  Done.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer