Do I test mastery whenever I move up a PE/SE to see if I'm at week 1/5/9?
I'm starting over program after a loooooong break and want to make sure I do it right this time.
Which means more forum time!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Steven Silbert, May 18, 2016 · 2 Replies · 133 Views
Do I test mastery whenever I move up a PE/SE to see if I'm at week 1/5/9?
I'm starting over program after a loooooong break and want to make sure I do it right this time.
Which means more forum time!
Yes. Some PE/SE's you will fly right through, others you will not. If you complete one exercise to mastery, next workout, test new element + iM, if able to do both to mastery, then next workout move on to next exercise. However, I would recommend you spend at least a couple weeks on each iM and PE as sometimes initially we do not realize the real benefit of that exercise or mobility piece. I have stayed longer on exercises I could do to mastery because I felt I was still getting a good adaptation from them.
2 minutes ago, Douglas Wadle said:Yes. Some PE/SE's you will fly right through, others you will not. If you complete one exercise to mastery, next workout, test new element + iM, if able to do both to mastery, then next workout move on to next exercise. However, I would recommend you spend at least a couple weeks on each iM and PE as sometimes initially we do not realize the real benefit of that exercise or mobility piece. I have stayed longer on exercises I could do to mastery because I felt I was still getting a good adaptation from them.
Thank you for clarifying Douglas. I like the idea of spending a few weeks on a new PE even if I think it's mastered. Better to be safe than sorry. I'll definitely be putting up form checks as well!