Hi, I'm working through the Foundation 1. Mastery for the Seated Russian Twist is 30 reps. I'm assuming a twist to the left followed by one to the right is a single rep, not two reps. Just wanted to check that was correct? Also am I correct that the rest time between sets is minimal - just enough for the mobility exercise, which in some cases takes only a few seconds? Some of the core exercises are OK but brutal with several sets and minimal rest!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Seated Russian Twist - what is one rep?
Started by Eric Ling, May 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 195 Views
Hi Eric,
Every side is one rep. This means: turn to the right and back to centre is one. Turn to the left and back to centre is two and so on. So 30 reps is 15 to the right and 15 to the left passing through the middle position. Notice that deload week has an odd number of reps, so feel free to add another rep to make it even.
You're right about the resting time.
I think all the exercises are core exercises, as I recuit my core in all of them one way or another. Think of them as nearly-all-body exercises. Endurance is what you'll get with several sets and minimal rest.
Enjoy and be patient.
Yours in soreness...
Thank you!
One further question, if I may:
I'm also doing Handstand, and the wrist pushup exercises do not have accompanying mobility exercises. The mastery template is for 5 sets of 5 reps, with no indication of rest time. Should I take this then to be zero rest time, i.e. essentially 25 reps?
Thanks!
should really keep h1 questions in the h1 forum but myself and a lot of others here do the wrist exercises as giant sets so 1 set of each exercise back to back is 1 giant set then just repeat that 5 times. In saying that I have just recently switched to doing it as the 25 rep mastery as you mentioned and I am liking it a lot. will see how that goes.
Personally, I consider wrist exercises as both strength and mobility exercises and part of my specific warm-up.
I perform them in 5 sets of 5 reps without rest in between...
yours in soreness