Hello, I decided to face my fear of falling flat on my back by practising roll-outs today. Here is what it looks like and I'd like to make it a lot smoother. Do you have any ideas on what I should focus on to achieve this? Thank you.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Handstand roll-out form check
Started by Kate Abernethy, May 17, 2016 · 3 Replies · 95 Views
Perhaps try tucking the chin a bit more and keeping the legs straight until the back of the shoulders is in contact. As you pike in descent your hips shoot out over your hands and that seems to takes your control away. You'll probably get better guidance than that but I thought I'd get it started! ![]()
Any reason you favour the roll out over the pirouette? It's worth having both in the bag - roll out is pretty hardcore when you get round to using paralletes...
1 hour ago, Tony Sorensen said:Any reason you favour the roll out over the pirouette?
Many thanks for the tips
I can do an ungainly pirouette, but would like to be able to do a roll out when my handstand goes too far over (and very quickly) to save with a pirouette. I guess with a better, more fine-tuned handstand, that the pirouette would be sufficient.
The way I think of it is that you want to lower into candlestick and then roll out. For that you need to get your feet and legs over and past your head (away from the wall). You don't want your limbs to fold straight down like they are doing.