An Unconventional Ploy Towards Manna

Started by jamesters, November 14, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,268 Views

jamesters

Can durvasa v sit be a good training method towards manna, or should I stop being a pathetic ***** and just train for manna the conventional way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZnIOnuqCfE

Jason Stein

James,

I have been doing this posture (it is called chakorasana) for some years; I'm sorry to say it has not lead to a manna though it has lead to past-vertical V-sit.

My initial thought is that this might not be the best way for you to practice the manna as you are unable to keep your chin off your chest with your leg behind the head, which as Coach Sommer says, "will curl the back and reduce the height."

Anyways, be sure to share any progress

best,

jason

John Sapinoso

Creative idea, but it seems to lack the crucial element of hip press. However, having never done this, I am certainly no authority on this particular position. Keep us posted.