This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Feedback on Common Issues Video Session 7

Started by Hugh Quennec, May 17, 2016 · 7 Replies · 417 Views

Hugh Quennec

Thank you for providing this video!

Would have been useful for sessions 1 to 6 to explain common weaknesses, reinforce the desired features of the positions and how to adapt with current strength and flexibility, and provide confidence that progress will come with time!

For example with the stiff bear through the video i understand it is important to have the palms of my hands down and legs stiff, so i start with the arms out further away rather than have them closer with just fingers touching the ground.

Thank you!

Barry Johnston

They added the same videos for each of days 1-6 too so just go back and have a look through them.  They helped me fix some of the issues I was having with the earlier moves.

Ronald Kanoff

The common issues is a great help, thank you. I certainly don't want to develop bad form only to need correcting later. 

 

Nikhil Das Nomula

True that! I am watching the common issues video more closely now than the actual video lol. I mean its not that the actual video is not good, but talking about common issues re-inforces the belief that we are headed in the right direction

Cuneyt Uysal

Yeah. Since we all pretty much have issues, the first video is mostly a "conceptual goal" not exactly your targeted education :) at least for me anyway! After 1 week I am feeing fantastic. My shoulder posture is noticeably better. And the crab and ape are about 2x as better just after a week of practice . Love the bodies ability to adapt 

Grace Rockwell

Awesome. Glad to hear that you guys are finding those videos helpful and already experiencing positive results! Keep up the good work!

Phil Thorson

The demonstrators walked differently in the Stiff Bear.  Melissa moved hands and feet on the same side (R+R,L+L), while James used different hands to feet (R+L, L+R).  I assume this doesn't matter, but would like clarification.

Mark Collins

It does not matter. The main purpose is to wake up the hamstrings, hips and low back.